Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Trapped

We have three episodes left of the second season of American Horror Story. It's grown on me now.  I love it. I was a little slow to warm to it though. 

I wanted to say I must like it less than the first season, because with the first season we could rarely stop at one episode. We almost always ended up watching two. With this season, we've been watching only one a day. But with Desperate Housewives, we watched two episodes a night. We watched only one usually of Ugly Betty. Yet I liked Ugly Betty more. Jack informed us today though that he liked Desperate Housewives a tiny bit better.  So maybe it was his wishes that we watch two.

Maybe I did like season one of American Horror Story a tiny bit better. But that doesn't mean my love for the second season isn't strong.

I now see the commonalities between the two seasons....I mean besides the actors.

Both stories deal with people being trapped in horrible situations. It's very suffocating. That feeling of no escape. Then the trapped people end up finding unusual allies. It's very dark, but also kind of sweet.  There's evil, but also redemption. 

I wonder if season three has the same themes.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment