Saturday, March 29, 2014

Reminds me of Mary Alice

Last night I started reading Fannie Flagg's I Still Dream About You.







In the novel, Maggie Fortenberry's planning to commit suicide and is trying to write a suicide note that will make things easier on her friends.

She expects the suicide to be a surprise, because she's been good at faking happiness.

It reminds me a lot of Desperate Housewives, so far.  Mary Alice Young seemed to have a relatively perfect suburban life.  Then she shoots herself.  It turns out she had a big secret...later revealed throughout season one of the show.  From what I can see on the book jacket, Maggie has a secret too.

There's a big difference though between Desperate Housewives and I Still Dream About You.  The former deals with the aftermath of the suicide. In the latter, we see what's going on inside the mind of someone planning to commit suicide.

There's probably other major differences as well. I'm on only page 14 of the book, so I have a lot to cover before I know more!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment