Thursday, September 27, 2012

Premiere of The Big Bang Theory (Spoilers)

List of The Big Bang Theory episodes (season 1)
Tonight we watched the premiere of season 6 of The Big Bang Theory.

This summer we had a crash course in the big bang.  We watched seasons 1-5.  We watched about 2 episodes 5 days a week.  We were addicts.

I wasn't very happy with the episode tonight.  Although it might be one of those things where I better appreciate the episode on a second viewing.  This has happened to us with episodes of The Simpsons and Modern Family

I feel bad not liking this episode, because my reason's somewhat irrational.

I didn't like that the characters acted so much like themselves.

I wanted them to be different.

I wanted to see growth.

I wanted to see a continuation of the Sheldon we saw in the finale of season five; the one that held Amy Farah Fowler's hand.

I wanted Penny to listen to Raj and tell Leonard she loves him.

I'm getting tired of Howard's mother and that whole storyline.

I'm tired of Raj being lonely and dropping hints that he might not be completely heterosexual.  

I guess the show's just getting old to me.  It's losing it's magic.

But then I know you can't have characters change too much. That can be detrimental to a series.

Sheldon Cooper reminds me a bit of Christian Troy from Nip/Tuck.   In one episode, Christian Troy would do something to prove he had a heart.  Then in the next episode, he would completely regress back into being an asshole. 

Maybe that's realistic though. 

Yeah, sadly I think it is.  As we were told in that story from The Crying Game, people don't change. 

Sometimes they may take a step forward; but then usually they later take five steps backwards.

It's realistic for things to stay the same with the characters in The Big Bang Theory.  

Maybe I'm wanting a world that's unrealistic....at least when I partake in my fiction addiction.  

Anyway....

I hope all this blabbing is for nothing, and that next week I love the episode.

I was so madly in love with The Big Bang Theory this summer.  I don't want to imagine that the love has already died.   It would make me feel so fickle.
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment