Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Interruptions

Why must people interrupt me while I'm reading a book?

I'm fine with quick interruptions when information needs to be conveyed.

I'm fine with simple questions and requests.

I'm going to the store.  Is there anything you need?

But what's the deal with people who see me reading and then try repeatedly to start a conversation?

My monosyllable answers don't seem to deter them; at least not at first.

They continue to interrupt.

I think it's rude and inconsiderate.

Do I do it to others?

I hope not.

I might.

I know I interrupt my husband's television watching.  But I usually ask him to pause it first.  And I think I ask if it's okay for me interrupt?

And I don't interrupt just because I feel like chatting.   I interrupt because I feel the need to pass on information or ask a question.  

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment