Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Invasion of the Body Snatchers Through the Eyes of the Snatcher

I recently read The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

I loved it.  I loved Meyer's Twilight series.   I feel most people who are fans of the series will love this other book.

I'm betting people, who do not like the Twilight series will dislike The Host for the same reasons they hated Twilight.  

I enjoyed the premise of the story. The novel's plot centers around a invasion of the body snatchers situation.  Yet the story is told through the eyes of a snatcher.  

And guess what.

The snatcher isn't evil.

She's not even remotely bad.

None of the snatchers are evil.    They're actually very good, except for one minor thing.    They snatch bodies without any significant concern for the minds that are being erased. 

Can we fault them on this when we ourselves frequently erase living things for our own use?  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment