Wednesday, September 26, 2012

JK Rowling's New Book

I've been nervous about JK Rowling's new book; not obsessively nervous, but a little nervous.

What am I afraid of?

I don't know.

I guess I fear the book is going to be a failure; that it's going to get awful or medicore reviews.

Am I fearful for Rowling?   Or am I fearful for us...her readers?

Maybe a little bit of both.

I should relax about it.

If it does fail, we have other books to read.  We'll be fine.

As for Rowling, she can always try again.

The Casual Vacancy could end up being fantastic.

Anne Rice's vampire books were famous; but then she wrote the witch books and I loved those.

I recently finished reading Stephanie Meyer's The Host.

I liked that as much as the Twilight trilogy.  

So I do have some hope alongside the worries.

What I wonder is what I'll do if The Casual Vacancy gets mostly bad reviews.   Will I read myself, anyway.   Or do I avoid it?

Wait....

I just looked, and reviews are already coming out.

They seem to be fairly medicore, unfortunately.

I probably will read it for myself though.   Eventually.   


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment