Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Am Plagued by The Plague

Holy crap.

I'm being plagued by a book about the plague.

I have an account with Shelfari.  It's one of those sites where you record the books you've read. I use the website, and I also use the apps on both of my blogs. You can see it if you look to the little side area.

Anyway, after you finish reading a book, you mark it read, and then it disappears from the blog app.

I tried to do this with The Plague, and later when I went to look at my blog, I saw it was still there.

I didn't think much of it. Sometimes I forget to tell Shelfari that I've finished reading the book. So I went back to do that. A little while I come back, and The Plague's still there! I keep trying to unmark the box that says "Currently reading" and it's not working!

Is that book going to be stuck on my "currently reading" bookshelf forever?

Well, just did a little test.  I lied to Shelfari and said I finished reading the books I'm currently reading, and they won't let me say I've finished those either.

Maybe they know I'm lying and they're against that.

And maybe they know I rushed through the last chapters of The Plague, because I wanted to get my butt to the library before it got too hot outside.

Shelfari has accepted my unchecking of the "currently reading" box for Carrie Lane's Cat Haus.  I think that was my first time reading an erotica book, and I gave it my full attention. I didn't do the same for The Plague, and maybe Shelfari knows that.

Maybe for now on, I'm only going to get credit for reading books that I give my full attention to.  If I daydream through half a book or rush through it, maybe Shelfari's going to refuse my insistence that I've completed the read.

Or maybe Shelfari's mad that I've started an account on Goodreads.  I think I like Goodreads better than Shelfari, because three people there have my novel Thirty Cats on their shelves, and they all gave me at least a 4 star rating.  The only one who has Thirty Cats on their Shelfari shelf, is me...myself.  That's kind of sad.  No...actually.  That's a lot sad.

I might have to get rid of the Shelfari app, and get the Goodreads one instead. The only thing is I don't want to be retroactive on Goodreads.  I've decided to add only books that I've read since joining.  So I don't want to lose my connection to Shelfari, because it has a lot of my past reading recorded.

Now I'm wondering if I should only record on Goodreads and keep Shelfari as my reading history.  Or should I continue to record my reading on both Shelfari and Goodreads?

Well, I just realized Shelfari's owned by Amazon, and Amazon's the one that's going to be nice enough to publish my new novel for free. So I feel I need to be at least somewhat faithful.  

I'll keep using both sites.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment