Thursday, April 10, 2014

HIMYM, Rosie O'Donnell, and Sanford and Sons

I feel compelled to share my dreams from last night.

1. I come up with an idea. Maybe I should write a spin off novel to How I Met Your Mother. The story will be told through the eyes of one of the kids, and the premise will be that Ted was an abusive and crazy father. The TV show will be presented as a fictionalized version of the story, and therefore the characters in the novel will have different names. Also, the characters will have similar but different careers. The idea's that Ted changed things for the TV show. 

I'm wondering if I can publish the novel, or whether it will be a copyright infringement. I'm thinking I'll probably have to stick to posting it on a fan fiction website.

2. I find Tim watching Sanford and Sons on DVD. I'm surprised and pleased that he's finally utilizing the gift I gave him years ago. But when I mention this, he tells me that I didn't give it to him. Rosie O'Donnell just gave it to him. I'm annoyed that he had the DVD from me all these years and never watched it. Then Rosie O'Donnell comes along, gives him the DVD, and he watches it immediately. Tim then goes to find the DVD I gave him. He can't find it. I go to look and can't find it either. I'm thinking maybe I gave it away, since Tim never used it.  But I'm also somewhat suspicious that Rosie O'Donnell stole the DVD from us and then gave it back to Tim has a gift.

While searching for the DVD's, I think of the Oscars. I consider asking Rosie O'Donnell whether or not she was there, and whether she got any of the pizza.  

That last dream was so random!  Years ago, I actually did give Tim The Sanford and Son DVD, because he had previously told me it had been one of his favorite TV shows.  I'm not sure why it was on my mind last night.  Nor do I have any idea of why I dreamed of Rosie O'Donnell.   
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment