Thursday, October 4, 2012

Penny and Leonard (Spoilers)

Leonard Hofstadter
Tonight we watched the 2nd episode of The Big Bang Theory season 6.

I liked this one much better than last week's.

I like the Penny and Leonard storyline; although it's sad.

If you're the type of person who hates to hurt another person's feelings; it's really painful and hard to fall out of love. 

I may be talking out of my butt here; but I don't think that type of issue is often shown in fiction relationships.

Is it?

I think love drama is usually caused by exterior factors.

I love you, but you cheated on me.   

I love you, but my family members hunger for your blood. 

I love you, but I can't deal with your addiction to heroin.   

I love you, but I've been tricked into hating you because Sammy switched the DNA tests.  

I'm trying to think of a fictional relationship that failed because one person fell out of love; or was lacking the needed passion. 

I'm sure there is one.  

I just thought of Harry Potter and Cho Chang.

But no. That was different, because we (and Harry) began to see the negative aspects of her personality.  As we got to know her, she was a bit less charming than she was when we hardly knew her at all.

Cho Chang is more lovely from afar.  

This is different from Leonard who we know very well.

We're pretty intimate with the guy.   

Has he done anything in particular to make Penny love him less?

Not really.

I guess there's the fact that he proposed to her during sex.

But some women would like that.

So it really is more about Penny than Leonard.

I think she loves him.  But it's an uneven relationship.  Leonard loves her much more...and always has.  His intensity repels her and her love-volume gets turned down.  

I'm trying to guess what's going to happen there....over the years.

I think they're going to break up.  I think one or both of them is going to end up up with alternate partners that make them happy.  At least for awhile.  Then in the end, eventually Penny and Leonard will end up together.

Like Ross and Rachel.

As for the rest of the episode.

We got laughs from Bernadette's advice for dealing with the astro-bullies. 

I've always liked Stuart the comic guy; and I loved the storyline with him being a replacement for Howard.   Sheldon had some funny lines regarding that.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment