Sunday, June 1, 2014

TV Update

I realized I'm past due for a TV update.

I think it's good that I write this, even if no one (or hardly anyone) is reading it. If anything, it will be fun to look back later myself and remember what we were watching.

We finished with the New Girl seasons that's provided currently by Netflix. There was a point where I felt myself falling in love with the show. I imagined maybe I could love it as much as Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives.

That didn't happen.

I did enjoy it. It's a nice show. But I think I liked it about as much as I liked Happy Endings.  I like it. I don't love it.

I still miss Ugly Betty. I'm not kidding. When I think about it, I get a burning in my eyes...like little tears forming. Why did I get so emotionally attached to that show?

Our new show is Freaks and Geeks.  Jack's very busy though with evening Minecraft activities and was reluctant about dedicating 40 minutes of his time, so we split the show up into two parts.  It's kind of good because instead of 18 episodes we now have 36.  Why is this good?  Because we're running out of show ideas.  

I mean don't get me wrong. There are tons of shows out there, but not many that interest all of us.

We're now in the state of waiting for a lot of past shows.

We have to wait for the next season of The Big Bang Theory. We still love that.  Sheldon and his gang kind of feel like comfort food to me.

I am very eager for season 3 of American Horror Story to come on Netflix; and Jack's waiting for them to get the next season of Glee.  I forgot which one he's on.  In the meantime, he's been watching Phineas and Ferb.  He watched a few episodes of Man vs. Wild, and it seemed he might become obsessed. But then he lost interest when he thought about how a lot of it is over-dramatized.

We'll somehow try to see the previous season of Modern Family. I feel kind of weird that we temporarily abandoned them.  I'm hoping our library will have the show on DVD.  I'm thinking it will come out sometime late summer? Maybe fall?  Someone told me it wasn't good and I heard the Australian episode was pretty crappy.  We'll need to judge for ourselves though...at least part of the season.  It's not like I'm going to force us to watch the whole thing if early on we find ourselves agreeing with those who didn't like it.

I want to see Suburgatory.  I think we've missed a season?  Maybe the last season?   Yeah. I just looked. We have one season to watch. Maybe it will be on DVD.  Well, I'm sure it will be...actually.


No comments:

Post a Comment